A24 presents The Tommy®, an award for uninhibited creative expression inspired by Tommy Wiseau.
To enter, shoot a video of you and your friends performing your favorite scene from The Room. There’s just one rule: the scene must be performed in public. All the world’s a stage, after all, right?
How to Enter
- Perform a scene from The Room in a public place starting Tuesday, November 7th
- Upload a video of your Disaster-piece to Instagram or Twitter by Friday, November 24th
- Add the hashtag #ImADisasterArtist to submit your entry
Judging & Prizes
- Winner and runners-up will be selected by A24 and The Disaster Artist producers, including James Franco and Seth Rogen, on the basis of audacity and originality
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be awarded The Tommy® statue AND a private hometown screening of The Disaster Artist for all of their friends
- Ten (10) runners-up will receive prize packs (including a tuxedo t-shirt, inflatable football, stickers, enamel pins, and an autographed Franco-as-Tommy headshot) and will also be featured on The Disaster Artist Instagram account
- Awards will be announced on Monday, November 27th
Rules & Eligibility
No purchase necessary. Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Submissions must be posted by 11:59PM EST on November 24th to be considered.