A24 is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead, create and direct overall activation strategies for A24’s post-theatrical film lifecycle. This person will be responsible for overseeing Digital first window and Library campaign strategies, ensuring alignment and maximizing the film's lifetime revenue potential. Looking for someone with 6-8 years experience and based in Los Angeles.
Strategy + Product Management
- Partner with Digital Distribution leadership to create overall activation strategies for A24’s films in their post-theatrical lifecycle, including outlining roadmaps and defining goals for each film from EST through SVOD and beyond
- Support and collaborate with leadership to develop and manage P+L and revenue targets for digital distribution channels
- Coordinate efforts across various teams inside the company to activate against these roadmaps (across Brand + Direct to Consumer, PR, Digital Distribution, Creative Marketing, Media etc.)
- Oversee both First Window (when films first transition out of theaters) and Library (films later in their lifecycle) campaign strategy, ensuring alignment and maximizing on film’s lifetime potential
- Work with Digital Distribution account and Direct to Consumer creative teams to ensure alignment to said campaign strategies
- Stay up to date on market and audience trends, identifying relevant moments for A24’s library of films
Creative + Marketing - First Home Entertainment Window
- Work with the Creative Marketing team and broader Digital Distribution team to ensure a smooth campaign transition for each of our films as they first transition to home entertainment platforms
- Act as the creative point of contact with Digital Distribution partners for the first digital window, including art direction, developing, and delivering all key art and assets to each of our partners for native merchandising
- Align with Creative Marketing to produce all ancillary content for each of our titles, including bonus content, extras, featurettes, director-centric content, etc.
- Support Digital Distribution Operations who manages asset delivery by providing direction and necessary materials
- Produce creative marketing campaigns with an emphasis on social media for A24’s digital distribution releases, including providing guidance in the creative process
- Manage outside creative agencies to create digital and social creative - communicate digital platform style guidelines to creative agencies and freelancers
- Lead creative direction and asset generation for partner marketing opportunities — collaborate with Digital Distribution Operations team who manages physical business partnerships as well as manages assets and delivery
- Create social editorial calendars that follow an established voice and strategy
- Report on campaign’s growth and engagement of audiences
- Facilitate seamless transition of creative and campaign ownership to Digital Distribution and Direct to Consumer teams following theatrical window
- 6-8 years experience in marketing or product management capacity
- Business / marketing degree or MBA preferred
- Professional proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Tableau, and AirTable
- Data analytics and basic accounting skills
- Metrics and objective / goal driven. Thrives in meeting financial targets
- Strong leadership skills to rise above the noise, garner alignment, and keep the focus on financial objectives
- Humble, diligent, and resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
Our target salary range for this position is between $140,000 and $165,000. We do not use formal job titles internally and similarly named positions may have different compensation levels. Actual starting salary within the range will depend on various considerations, including: work experience, skills, specializations, and training. This role is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, including both cash and equity components, competitive healthcare, as well as other employee benefits.
If your experiences in Digital Distribution Marketing are outside what we've scoped for this role, please still feel free to apply as we may have other related positions open in the future.
A24 is the global entertainment company behind the Emmy-winning series Euphoria starring Zendaya, Golden Globe winning series Ramy, and such award winning films as Minari, Moonlight, Lady Bird, Midsommar, Amy, Uncut Gems and The Tragedy of Macbeth. Upcoming television projects include The Sympathizer, a limited series from Park Chan-Wook starring Robert Downey Jr., Underrated a doc series with Steph Curry, and Beef starring Academy-Award nominee Steven Yeun and Ali Wong. Current films include The Daniels’ Everything Everywhere All At Once, Alex Garland’s Men, Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer Camp’s Marcel the Shell with Shoes On and upcoming films Ari Aster’s Disappointment Blvd. starring Joaquin Phoenix, and Celine Song’s directorial debut Past Lives.