A24 has an opening for a newly created role on our Legal team, focused on team operations and knowledge management. This person will be creating, managing, and maintaining various systems for organizing legal documents and tracking key contractual terms, as well as analyzing and translating a wide variety of contracts for internal business teams. This position is based in NY.
- Build, manage, and maintain contracts repository and precedent-tracking databases.
- Leverage existing infrastructure to build out the legal operations function
- Assess the needs of non-legal teams and research potential technology-driven solutions to implement most effective approaches for document and data management.
- Create an initial gameplan to address legal-related knowledge management across the company.
- Advise internal business teams on contractual rights and obligations and prepare reports on relevant contracts.
- Create and maintain rights-tracking spreadsheets and calendars to facilitate administration of contract cycles and rights terms
- Draft and revise various agreements in conjunction with other members of the Business and Legal Affairs team
- Draft and submit customary filings and order customary lien searches (e.g., US Copyright Office filings, UCC searches)
- Collaborate with Business and Legal Affairs team on special projects and research tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at an entertainment law firm or as part of an in-house legal/business affairs team at a media or entertainment company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to distill and communicate legal concepts to non-lawyers)
- Strong analytical, organizational and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, G-Suite, Docusign, Excel. Knowledge of rights-management software and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) a plus
- Detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, learn quickly and work well under time pressures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts on the job and taking on new responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will have general familiarity with the motion picture industry, the production process, intellectual property law, and a fluency in commercial contracts
- Humble, diligent and resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
A24 is the global entertainment company behind the Emmy-winning series Euphoria starring Zendaya, Golden Globe winning series Ramy, and such award winning films as Minari, Moonlight, Lady Bird, Midsommar, Amy, Uncut Gems and The Tragedy of Macbeth. Upcoming television projects include The Sympathizer, a limited series from Park Chan-Wook starring Robert Downey Jr., Underrated a doc series with Steph Curry, and Beef starring Academy-Award nominee Steven Yeun and Ali Wong. Current films include The Daniels’ Everything Everywhere All At Once, Alex Garland’s Men, Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer Camp’s Marcel the Shell with Shoes On and upcoming films Ari Aster’s Disappointment Blvd. starring Joaquin Phoenix, and Celine Song’s directorial debut Past Lives.