A24 is looking to hire a Technical Accounting Manager to join our growing Corporate team. This person will partner with accounting, finance, legal, tax, and other cross functional teams to provide insights, information, and guidance to make strategic and operational decisions, inform key leadership about our business model and progress, and ensure the company is financially healthy and consistently meeting our reporting obligations. The ideal candidate has 7+ years of accounting experience at a Big 4 firm or public company and can work as a team player in assisting with ad hoc projects and financial analysis.
- Partner with Accounting, Finance, and Legal teams to develop impactful strategies and resolve complex contract issues in compliance with A24’s practices and policies
- Prepare technical accounting reports and communicate results to key leadership and external auditors
- Evaluate new transactions and business ventures for impact of accounting treatment under GAAP
- Actively participate in contract reviews for proper accounting treatment according to GAAP and be the trusted advisor to key leadership collaborating on deal structure and terms for non-standard transactions
- Identify and make recommendations for process and policy improvements and drive cross functional implementation
- Perform impact assessments and in-depth analysis of newly issued accounting pronouncements, including documentation and implementation of updated processes and additional disclosures
- Prepare financial documents for various reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP or local GAAP, as required
- Assist in coordinating with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial documents and accounting treatment for specific transactions
- Support ad hoc Accounting and Finance analyses and projects as needed
- 7+ years experience in accounting at a Big 4 firm or public company
- CPA required
- Able to work effectively with all levels of the organization and successfully communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing, including communication of accounting policies and procedures to key leadership and external partners
- Must be a highly organized, meticulous self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Great at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Humble, diligent, resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
A24 is the global entertainment company behind the Emmy-winning series Euphoria starring Zendaya, Golden Globe winning series Ramy, and such award winning films as Minari, Moonlight, Lady Bird, Midsommar, Amy, Uncut Gems and The Tragedy of Macbeth. Upcoming television projects include The Sympathizer, a limited series from Park Chan-Wook starring Robert Downey Jr., Underrated a doc series with Steph Curry, and Beef starring Academy-Award nominee Steven Yeun and Ali Wong. Current films include The Daniels’ Everything Everywhere All At Once, Alex Garland’s Men, Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer Camp’s Marcel the Shell with Shoes On and upcoming films Ari Aster’s Disappointment Blvd. starring Joaquin Phoenix, and Celine Song’s directorial debut Past Lives.