A24 is currently seeking a lawyer to support our growing international TV slate. We are looking for an entrepreneurial problem-solver with dealmaking experience across UK TV development, production and distribution.
- Structure, negotiate, and paper a high volume of TV development and production deals, including license agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent agreements.
- Oversee and manage various aspects of scripted productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, finance, etc.) and external counsel.
- Serve as a business liaison with talent agents, lawyers, broadcasters, and other key collaborators.
- Advise colleagues on deal strategies and a broad range of complex legal issues.
- Partner with business and legal executives to design and implement best practices.
- 5+ years of transactional experience working in a television business / legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm.
- Law Degree/Qualified Solicitor or equivalent.
- Substantive working knowledge of UK television industry customs, practices and agreements, contract law and intellectual property rights.
- Familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to advise with respect to copyright and trademark matters.
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
- Comfort managing and developing other team members over time
- Strong attention to detail, project management, time management, long-term planning skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities and a can-do, no job is too small, team attitude.
- Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Humble, diligent and resourceful.
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning film and TV studio behind feature films such as Minari, Midsommar, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Uncut Gems, and this summer’s Zola and The Green Knight. A24 TV productions include the Emmy-winning series Euphoria for HBO starring Zendaya, Hulu series Ramy from Golden Globe-winner Ramy Youssef, the eponymous variety series from viral comedy sensation Ziwe for Showtime, the Joseph Gordon-Levitt Apple series Mr. Corman, and the Netflix anthology series Beef starring Oscar nominee Steven Yeun and Ali Wong.