A24 is seeking an attorney to join our Legal and Business Affairs team to provide support to all of our business groups. You should be a motivated self-starter with a strong interest in intellectual property, film and television development, production and distribution. This role will be an integral member of a highly collaborative Legal and Business Affairs team.
- Provide practical, day-to-day business and legal affairs advice to internal teams across the company on general legal matters
- Independently structure, draft, negotiate, and manage a wide range of commercial agreements across a variety of practice areas including licensing, advertising, data security/privacy, copyright, trademark, intellectual property, business development, marketing, direct-to-consumer initiatives, publishing, interactive entertainment, e-commerce, events, and other commercial and operational functions
- Assist in the management and oversight of a wide variety of entertainment-related legal matters in connection with the development, production and distribution of the company’s film and television slate
- Contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, long-form agreements, contract management and precedent-tracking systems and other departmental resources, processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain key internal and external stakeholder relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy
- J.D. Degree; Member in good standing of New York or California bar
- 3-5 years of experience (with at least 2 years in the corporate/transactional department of a major US law firm); in-house entertainment business/legal affairs or entertainment law firm experience preferred
- Extensive experience in contract management with strong negotiation, drafting and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills across a wide range of seniority levels and styles in a fast-paced environment (including the ability to explain legal concepts to internal and external partners who may have limited legal knowledge and time)
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, detail-oriented, and able to work independently
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure to meet tight and often competing deadlines
- Comfortable drafting and reviewing contracts with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of intellectual property as it relates to entertainment
- Humble, diligent, resourceful
Must be eligible to work in the US.
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning film and TV studio behind feature films such as Minari, Midsommar, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Uncut Gems, and this summer’s Zola and The Green Knight. A24 TV productions include the Emmy-winning series Euphoria for HBO starring Zendaya, Hulu series Ramy from Golden Globe-winner Ramy Youssef, the eponymous variety series from viral comedy sensation Ziwe for Showtime, the forthcoming Joseph Gordon-Levitt Apple series Mr. Corman, and the Netflix anthology series Beef starring Oscar nominee Steven Yeun and Ali Wong.