A24 is seeking a HRBP to join the team. This position will play a critical role in supporting various people-related initiatives, with a specific focus on our on-set Production teams and production personnel. You will also be responsible for developing productive relationships with various client groups as the main point of contact for all things HR, including org design/ planning, employee relations, learning and development, and performance management. The work that you’ll be doing will be highly cross functional and completed in close partnership with various teams and stakeholders within the People Operations Team and broader business. This is not a traditional HRBP role and requires someone creative and empathetic with the ability to listen and influence. This role is based in Los Angeles, and may require some travel.
- Partner with and coach internal and external production teams to provide support and guidance on all people related issues throughout the lifecycle of a production
- Oversee, develop and maintain network of experts related to HR, production legal, health and safety, etc
- As needed, develop relationships with in-country experts and partners to help the business navigate new environments and laws and build cultural IQ
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of training programs for production leadership, cast and crew members, including administering our online training platform
- Ensure all productions operate in line with our standards around anti-harrassment and discrimination and diversity provisions and coordinate the facilitation of anti-harrassment and other trainings
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to provide guidance and recommendations around labor standards and applicable local and international labor standards.
- Act as points of contact on any Employee relations related issues on a production, including conducting thorough investigations
- Relevant research projects
Overall People Operations responsibilities:
- Act as a credible advisor (and trusted confidant) to employees, managers and business leaders; and a thoughtful change champion for the organization as a whole.
- Support design and successful implementation of key People Team programs, processes and tools.
- Develop and empower managers to take accountability for the People needs and challenges within their teams.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation, with a critical eye towards developing new, clarifying existing and sunsetting outdated policies as needed.
- Respond to HR-related questions and matters that span a wide range of topics (including employee relations, immigration, benefits, compensation, and onboarding/offboarding)
- Partner with the rest of the People Operations team, leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to design and launch programs and strategy related to DEI, operational excellence, employee engagement, internal communications and more
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining excellent, diverse talent
- Assist with the effective onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Regularly share best practices with the People team to ensure alignment across our approaches
- Analyze People trends and metrics in partnership with the rest of the team to develop targeted solutions, programs, and policies as we scale
- Ad hoc projects and initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant HR experience, 4+ years as an HRBP or similar role, ideally at a high growth company
- Experience with production industry and production personnel
- Union relations experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong cultural competency and ability to engage on topics of identity
- In depth knowledge of HR best practices.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating, implementing, and rolling out company-wide initiatives
- Confidence to jump in and use initiative and judgment to solve complex people issues without relying on policy and procedure
- Creative problem-solve skills with solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Leader with strong emotional intelligence
- ‘No task too big or small’ attitude.
- Bright, self-directed and relentlessly curious.
- Ability to stay steadfast in a fast paced environment.
- Humble, diligent, resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning film and TV studio behind feature films such as Lady Bird, Hereditary, The Farewell, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Amy, Room, The Witch, Uncut Gems and Minari. A24 TV productions include the Golden Globe-winning Hulu comedy series Ramy, Showtime Variety Series starring and produced by comedian Ziwe, HBO stand up specials from Jerrod Carmichael and Julio Torres, Netflix docuseries The Confession Tapes and Exhibit A, HBO specials 2 Dope Queens and Pod Save America, and the HBO drama Euphoria starring Zendaya.