As our first Inventory and Cost Accountant, you will play a key role in developing the system around inventory and cost accounting, working most closely with a team based in our Los Angeles offices. You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of inventory and cost of goods sold reporting, along with ensuring the accuracy of the monthly close process. To start, you will split your time 50/50 between developing A24's Merchandise accounting process and helping build out accounting processes for an A24 portfolio company that is launching in the beauty space.
- Develop, maintain, and own cost accounting system, documentation, and records
- Implement reporting needs around gross margins related to products and inventory value
- Work with internal teams, manufacturing vendors, and merchandise warehouse to develop and manage inventory tracking system
- Implement and manage processes for month-end close, reporting, and reconciliation for inventory and cost of goods sold to ensure an accurate and timely close
- Develop a regular internal reporting system to managers to make company-wide financial decisions
- Oversee and coordinate physical inventory counts of goods along with regular inspections to identify discrepancies or ways to improve inventory management process
- Collaborate closely with various team members and an outsourced accounting firm responsible for day-to-day accounting needs
- Assist with forecasting for future purchasing
- Assist in the implementation of a Purchase Order system
- Work closely with the Merchandise team to develop a system for tracking and recording inventory and cost of goods sold
- Implement and oversee the day-to-day activities of the inventory accounting function, with a focus on process improvements, automation and analysis of the business results to support the company’s scale and growth
- Work with the Corporate Accounting team to ensure accounting policies and procedures are developed and documented
- Support the merchandise team by assisting with budgeting and inventory tracking
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business with an emphasis in accounting, or a related field preferred
- Must have 4-5 years of previous experience with inventory or cost accounting or similar experience in a D2C or Ecommerce environment
- Familiarity and passion for beauty industry a plus
- Motivated self-starter skilled in multitasking, time management, and strong organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Humble, diligent and resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning film and TV studio behind feature films such as Lady Bird, Hereditary, The Farewell, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Amy, Room, The Witch, and Uncut Gems. A24 TV productions include the Golden Globe-winning Hulu comedy series Ramy, HBO stand up specials from Jerrod Carmichael and Julio Torres, Netflix docuseries The Confession Tapes and Exhibit A, HBO specials 2 Dope Queens and Pod Save America, and the HBO drama Euphoria starring Zendaya.