A24 is currently seeking an attorney to join our Legal and Business Affairs team to provide support to our Television division. You should be a motivated self-starter with a strong interest in intellectual property, television development, production and distribution. This role will be an integral member of a highly collaborative Legal and Business Affairs team.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a high volume of TV development and production agreements, including license agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent agreements.
- Oversee and manage various aspects of scripted production, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, other attorneys, etc.) and external counsel.
- Negotiate short form IP options and talent development & production deals.
- Serve as a business liaison with talent agencies, attorneys, third party networks/SVOD exhibitors and other potential licensees and/or financiers.
- Advise business executives in connection with deal strategies and a broad range of complex legal issues.
- Partner with business executives to design and implement best practices and formulate new Legal processes.
- J.D. from top-tier law school, with membership in good standing in NY and/or California bar.
- 6-9 years of transactional experience working in a television business / legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm.
- Substantive working knowledge of television industry customs, practices and agreements, contract law and intellectual property rights.
- Familiarity with production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters.
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
- Strong attention to detail, project management, time management, long-term planning skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities and a can-do, no job is too small, team attitude.
- Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Humble, diligent and resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning film and TV studio behind feature films such as Uncut Gems, Lady Bird, Hereditary, The Farewell, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Amy, Room, and The Witch. A24 TV productions include the Golden Globe-winning Hulu comedy series Ramy, HBO stand up specials from Jerrod Carmichael, Julio Torres and John Mulaney, Netflix docuseries The Confession Tapes and Exhibit A, HBO specials 2 Dope Queens and Pod Save America, HBO drama Euphoria starring Emmy award winner, Zendaya, Showtime’s Moonbase 8, and upcoming Apple series Mr. Corman with Joseph Gordon- Levitt.