-- Immediate start
Based in our New York office, A24 is currently seeking an attorney to join our Legal and Business Affairs team to provide support on a broad variety of matters to A24’s International Distribution division. You should be a motivated self-starter with a strong interest in the international distribution of film and television content. This role will be an integral member of a highly collaborative Legal and Business Affairs team.
- Oversee all legal and business affairs for International licensing and sales of A24’s film titles.
- Analyze deal arrangements, and formulate business strategies, regarding overall direction, proposed frameworks, associated costs, and any other aspects in respect to International distribution, licensing, and sales matters.
- Negotiate, draft and manage sales agreements and related financial documentation with International distributors, studios and global streamers.
- Handle any day-to-day business affairs issues and provide ongoing, proactive legal and business advice concerning all aspects of the distribution of A24’s content internationally.
- Provide legal support for international licensing, co-production agreements, film markets and festivals.
- Maintain relationships with appropriate personnel at key international distribution partner companies
- Seek new ways to create efficiencies in the legal and business affairs team.
- J.D. from top-tier law school with strong academic performance, with membership in good standing in New York or California bar.
- 4-8 years of transactional experience working in business affairs, legal affairs and/or entertainment law firm specifically supporting international distribution.
- Substantive working knowledge of industry customs and practices and intellectual property rights and laws (as applicable to the entertainment industry)
- Familiarity with International distribution-related and/or acquisition agreements, production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters.
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, intellectual property and International law.
- Strong attention to detail, project management, time management, long-term planning skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities and a can-do, no job is too small, team attitude.
- Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Humble, diligent and resourceful.
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award winning studio behind feature films such as Hereditary, Lady Bird, The Disaster Artist, The Florida Project, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Amy, Room, The Witch, and Good Time and TV shows such as Hulu’s Ramy and HBO’s Euphoria.