A24 is looking for an experienced post production accountant to handle post production accounting on multiple ongoing projects. This role will be a liaison between the Production team and corporate accounting. In addition to the day to day post accounting, this role will partner closely with the in-house production team to ensure productions in post stay on budget, trial balance accounts are reconciled, and cost reports are delivered in a timely fashion. This is a full-time role based in our NY office.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable, including tracking Purchase Orders, obtaining appropriate approvals for payment, ensuring backup documentation supports payment, processing check runs, obtaining check signatures, and maintaining proper files.
- Post production payroll, including timecard review, obtaining start paperwork, sending all necessary documents to the payroll company, review and approving payroll edits, paying payroll invoices, downloading payroll to the production accounting system so it is accurately reflected in the cost report. Maintaining proper payroll files.
- Petty cash / Cashet card reconciliation, including creating entries; payroll reconciliation, deposits, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay etc.
- Bank account reconciliation
- Cost reporting, including preparing Cost Reports during post production and monthly closing Cost Reports as required each month needed.
- Trial balance clean up
- Cash flow analysis
- Tax credit audits, including pulling files, copying/scanning files, journals, research, and working with Auditors and State Revenue Departments.
- Settling outstanding receivables billed back to studio
- Miscellaneous ad-hoc projects as needed
- 3-5 years of Post Production Accounting / Production Accounting experience
- Knowledge/experience working with production accounting software , Movie Magic Budgeting, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent communicator who is able to communicate both in writing and verbally with multiple different personalities
- Motivated, eager to handle day to day responsibilities, coordinate audits, and resolve any potential production budgetary questions
- Proactive attitude with no task too large or too small
- Humble, diligent and resourceful
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award winning studio behind feature films such as Lady Bird, The Disaster Artist, The Florida Project, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Amy, Room, The Witch, and Good Time and TV shows such as Amazon’s Comrade Detective, USA’s Playing House and NBC's The Carmichael Show.