Half Magic is a new beauty brand from the creators of Euphoria. When the first season of Euphoria aired in 2019, the show’s expressive makeup looks took on a life of their own, inspiring viral social media trends, driving “euphoria makeup” to become one of 2019’s highest searched Google terms. Launching in May 2022, the Half Magic continues to evolve the beauty conversation of self-expression and creativity with a highly anticipated collection of color products. Half Magic is an A24 portfolio company.
A24 is an entertainment production, distribution, and financing company for both television and film. Recent award-winning productions include Minari, Uncut Gems, Zola, Moonlight, and the television series Euphoria.
The Director of Social Media oversees social media + influencer strategy and execution for Half Magic. He/she/they will be instrumental in launching and growing the brand; a strategic, creative, and analytical mindset is critical to success. This role reports to the General Manager of Half Magic and will be responsible for driving Half Magic’s overall social media strategy, from driving channel mix, to driving innovative content with quality execution and data-driven measurement. In addition, the Director of Social Media is also responsible for establishing and evolving key process and dashboards to optimize performance and mix across all social channels. Proven experience utilizing social media across the consumer lifecycle will be critical for this role. Half Magic’s social media strategy is expected to build brand awareness (and break through the noise), as well as drive consumer advocacy, and build community. The ideal candidate is passionate about the intersection of beauty, retail, entertainment, and culture; and is on pulse for the tapping into and creating the conversations driving each space. This is a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial role that works closely with the founder, cross- functional partners, agencies, external partners, and A24’s broader ecosystem.
Strategy, Infrastructure and Execution
- Develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive social media marketing strategy to communicate brand story and key messages across channels
- Build the brand’s social media infrastructure, including recommending, sourcing, and managing appropriate monitoring and analytical tools, agency partners, and freelance resources to drive timely, KPI driven, best-in-class content
- Oversee the social media roadmap/calendar from strategic brief through execution to deliver on business priorities
- Conceptualize digital and editorial strategy across Half Magic’s key platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube) and help chart path to expanding to additional channels where relevant. This includes overseeing the brand’s influencer program
- Coach, empower, and develop a lean team to execute Half Magic’s social media strategy efficiently and effectively. This includes managing an Associate overseeing community management and influencer relations
- Lead all aspects of analytics and reporting dashboard for social programs and collaborate with Growth/Performance Marketing lead to develop, track, and optimize KPIs across digital marketing channels (performance, ROI, etc.). This will include combining first party data with third party data sources including (Facebook/IG, Google, and other ad networks) to drive insights and analysis
- Partner closely with Growth/Performance Marketing lead on paid media spend
- Deliver against KPIs to grow audience reach, engagement, sales conversions, and customer loyalty
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to surface trends, consumer feedback, and anticipating trend-driven inventory needs.
- Proactively stay on top of beauty and social media landscapes. This person should be the brand’s thought leader around key social media trends and emerging channels (e.g., Twitch, Discord, Web 3)
- 7+ years of experience concepting, driving, and executing dynamic social media campaigns; 2+ years of direct people management experience
- Proven track record of scaling brands through successful social media storytelling
- Technically fluent in social media platforms including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, and emerging platforms
- Comfort using Adobe Creative Suite, social listening tools, and building KPI dashboards
- Fluent across a variety of content types: video, animation, stills, tutorials, UGC, audio, and beyond
- A strong network of relevant social media talent (graphic designers, photographers, analytical tools, etc.) and skilled at building trusted partnerships across internal stakeholders, creatives, vendors, and external partners
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work flexibility around key social media timelines (e.g., launch periods, weekend events, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: aptitude for measured risk-taking, exploring unconventional ideas and thinking and the ability to move quickly on new opportunities
- Desire and ability to think both strategically and tactically, seeing the big picture for an early-stage company and taking on the hands-on execution that comes with being part of a founding team
- Passion for the beauty space and an enthusiasm for the intersection of media, entertainment, and culture
- Experience in D2C startups in Beauty / CPG spaces preferred
- Humble, diligent, respectful, and resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. Half Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.