A24 is looking for a talented Head of Physical Production for its new documentary initiative. Candidates should have experience overseeing physical production on premium documentary features and series. Ideal candidates must be savvy with budgets and schedules, and have demonstrated ability to collaborate with filmmakers, crews and vendors. The ability to manage multiple features and series is a must. This role is based in Los Angeles.
This role will be responsible for supervising all aspects of production on documentary series and features including production planning, scheduling, staffing and budgeting.
- Developing, building out and leading the physical production function of this new venture
- Supervising all aspects of production and developing effective procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly
- Creating initial production budgets, schedules and planning documents in partnership with Legal, Finance, Post and external production
- Continually monitoring all projects with regard to schedule, budgets, update meetings, etc. Report any schedule and budget challenges and provide solutions.
- Track & manage all costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
- Staying abreast of each state’s tax incentive credits and film crew availability to get the best team working on projects and the best financial benefit for A24
- Collaborating with colleagues within the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production through completion.
- 10+ years’ experience in production executive capacity for premium documentary features and series, in the field or at studio or network
- Demonstrated success in planning and overseeing projects, working with outside vendors to build extensive contacts.
- Production budgeting experience required.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail which will ensure the production process runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Strong understanding of the documentary production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE.
- Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
- Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows including 4K
- Comfortable with travel (25%+)
- Collaborative, diligent, resourceful