A24 is looking for a strong candidate to join our Theatrical Distribution team, with a focus on Film Distribution operations and sales support. This role will be a key team member responsible for the coordination of booking theatrical engagements, film festival bookings and events, and all theatrical reporting as well as other strategic projects. The ideal candidate will have 3-6 years relevant experience in Film, be passionate about our business and films, as well as have strong attention to detail, follow through, analytical skills and communications skills.
We are open to candidates in both Los Angeles and New York City.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Partner directly with the Head of Theatrical Distribution on A24’s release campaigns and direct sales efforts for a slate of 10-12 films per year, including traditional theatrical, non-theatrical, festival and multi-platform releases
- Participate in strategic planning around title windowing and dating of theatrical releases
- Maintain comprehensive theatrical release calendar
- Oversee all Theatrical Distribution budgeting and reporting
- Own departmental forecasting and reporting including box office opening weekend estimates, lifetime forecasts and long-range competitive analysis
- Manage key distribution operational functions, including
- Print deliverables between the internal teams and our external vendors
- Theatrical distribution systems/software
- Manage shipments & fulfillment of theatrical bookings, including ensuring successful launch of theatrical play dates by QC’ing theaters’ execution of pre-order and week of launch presentation of the film.
- Coordinate special events with theaters which can include Q&A’s with talent, special requests for theatrical engagements (EG: Red Carpets) and other marketing based initiatives with theaters.
- Liaise between regional festivals and theatrical sales team, negotiating license fees and coordinating delivery of exhibition assets.
- Execute settlement and collections strategies in partnership with AP/AR team
- Interfacing with all other relevant A24 departments including Post Production, Finance, Acquisitions + Development, Creative Marketing, International and Publicity
- Oversee and organize the interns for Theatrical Distribution
- 3-6 years relevant experience, ideally in film distribution or exhibition
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Passion for film distribution business, and A24’s products
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Humble, diligent, resourceful
Based in NY and LA, A24 is the Academy Award-winning studio behind feature films such as Hereditary, Lady Bird, Moonlight, The Witch, Room, Amy, Ex Machina, and Spring Breakers, and TV shows such as HBO's Two Dope Queens, Amazon’s Comrade Detective and NBC's The Carmichael Show.